Pain in the Butt

 Did you know that being a parent means that eventually one of your kids will let you know that your a pain in the butt? This is a fact, a fact I was unaware of until this morning. We are currently in the middle of a heat wave and although it was raining this morning, the forecast was still calling for high temperatures. Naturally as any caring mother would, I voiced concern with my daughters choice of clothing for the day. She has a very unique sense of style and I did not think she would fare well today in a hoodie and jean shorts over sweat pants. However upon voicing my concerns I was completely gobsmacked to be informed that I'm a huge pain in her butt. Me!?!? the person who was only concerned for her health, a huge pain in the butt. 

Not even a teenager yet she is definitely showing that she has the potential to make our lives quite interesting. 

So for all the other moms and dads out there who happen to be "a huge pain in the butt" I raise my coffee to you. May your cup be full and your heart be strong. 

Comments

Popular Posts